Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 - સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને - અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

17 Personal Injury

Download Personal Injury (PDF File, 675kb)

1. Introduction

2. What is a personal injury?

3. What action can I take?

4. How do I choose a solicitor?

5. What are claims assessors and claims management companies?

6. What if I was injured in a road accident?

7. What if I was injured by a faulty product or service?

8. What if I was injured in an accident abroad?

9. What if I can´t afford a solicitor?

10. What can I claim compensation for?

11. What if I am claiming for someone who has died?

12. What if I am claiming for a child?

13. What if I am one of a group of people injured in the same way?

14. What if I'm a victim of crime?

If you have been injured by a criminal act (for example, you were attacked), you may be able to get compensation:

  • by claiming from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority; or
  • if the court orders the person who committed the crime to pay you.

You can claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority if, for example, you were:

  • the victim of an assault; or
  • injured while trying to help the police after a crime was committed.

You can also make a claim if you are a close relative of someone who died in either of these ways.

You should report the incident to the police as soon as possible. You must normally apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority within two years of the incident. However, this time limit may be extended in a few cases (for example, if you are making a claim because you were abused when you were a child).

To apply, you need to fill in an application form which you can get from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (see ‘Further Help’). You should get expert help with filling in the form.

A court may also order someone convicted of a crime to pay you compensation for your injury, loss or damage.

You cannot apply for this compensation yourself. You must give the solicitor representing you as much information as you can about your injuries and losses (for example, lost earnings) so they can put them to the court. The amount of compensation will depend on what the offender can afford to pay. The most you will get is £5,000.

15. Further Help

16. About this leaflet

This leaflet was written in association with Roger Bolt of Bolt Burdon Kemp

Leaflet version: May 2008

પાછા ઉપર