Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 - સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને - અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

4 Renting and Letting

Download Renting and Letting (PDF File, 358kb)

1. Introduction

2. Private tenancies

3. Council tenancies

4. Housing association tenancies

5. Other issues

6. Problems with neighbours

If you are constantly disturbed by noisy neighbours, and talking to them about the problem has not worked, you should contact the environmental health officer at your local council. They can serve an 'abatement' notice or, in some cases, take away equipment (such as a stereo system). Or you can go to the county court to get an injunction to stop the noise. These procedures may also be used for some other kinds of nuisance.

In cases of harassment or anti-social behaviour by other tenants, you should tell your council or landlord. Some councils have mediation schemes to sort out disputes between neighbours. If the problem is serious, the landlord may take out an injunction to get the offenders to stop, or to evict them.

Some councils and registered social landlords have their own policies to protect tenants who may be harassed because of their race or sex or if they are gay.

For more about dealing with problems with neighbours, see the Gurkha Free Legal Advice leaflet 'Neighbourhood and Community Disputes'.

7. Further Help

8. About this leaflet

This leaflet is published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Shelter.

The leaflets are regularly updated but the law may have changed since they were printed so the information in them may be incorrect or out of date.

Leaflet version: October 2006

પાછા ઉપર