Skip navigation (access key S)

West Sussex Gurkha Free Legal Advice Service

Advice line telephone: 0844 477 1171

What sort of problems can you help me with?

We can help you with many problems. Here are just a few examples of how we can help you:
Family issues
  • contact/residence - children
  • domestic violence
  • relationship breakdown
  • occupation orders
  • disrepair/poor housing conditions
  • rent or mortgage arrears
  • homelessness 
  • discrimination
  • unfair dismissal
  • disability benefits – appeals/tribunals
  • housing benefit problems
  • welfare benefit & tax credit problems
  • housing benefit and council tax problems
  • help with dealing with your debts
  • harassment from creditors
Community Care
  • carers rights and needs
  • services for the disabled
  • services for children and carers
  • help at court
  • consumer issues  

I have a problem.  What should I do?

Please phone our advice line on 0844 4771171 or drop-in to one of our Advice Centres. An adviser will listen to your problem to see how we can help you.
The adviser may be able to help you resolve the problem straight away. If your problem is complex, you may need to see a generalist or specialist adviser. An appointment will be made for you at your local advice centre. In some cases, you may need to travel a little further to see a specialist. Legal Aid is available to those who qualify.
We will always try to help you resolve your problems as quickly as possible.

Live outside of West Sussex?

Gurkha Free Legal Advice can help you via our telephone helpline and website


Clients can access the service through the county-wide telephone number 0844 4771171 or by dropping into their local advice centre. They will be offered an initial Gateway (diagnostic) interview to assess their needs. They will be provided with information and then offered an appointment if necessary with a generalist or specialist adviser.