Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

Hide my visit

Health & social care

British Sign Language (BSL) information films for help with your legal problems. Click on a button to pick a topic.

Community care

If you or someone you know or look after has difficulty with day-to-day living, you may be able to get help called community care. Community care can be for people who have a disability or illness, or for people who look after someone who cannot look after themselves. This film looks at some commonly asked questions about community care.

View all or part of 'Community care'

Medical accidents

If something goes wrong when you are having medical treatment, it may be called a 'medical accident'. If this has happened to you, you may want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to someone else. If it was very serious, you may want to claim compensation. This film looks at some commonly asked questions about medical accidents.

View all or part of 'Medical accidents'

Mental Health

If you use mental health services, you are generally free to choose which services to use, including which treatments to have, and whether to stay in hospital. However, if you're 'sectioned', you may have to stay in hospital for treatment whether or not you want it.

View all or part of 'Mental Health'

Back to BSL homepage

back to top