Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 – સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને – અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

26 Domestic Violence, Abuse and Harassment

pdf icon Download Domestic Violence, Abuse and Harassment (PDF File 423kb)

1 Introduction

2. What can I do if someone in my family is abusing me?

3. Practical things to do if you have been abused

4. Taking legal steps

5. What the police can do for you

6. What a solicitor can do for you

7. Court orders you can get to protect you

8. How a court order protects you

9. What if the person abusing me is not my partner?

10. How can I help someone who is being abused?

11. Terms used in matters to do with domestic abuse

12. Further help

Gurkha Free Legal Advice
Provides free information direct to the public on a range of common legal problems.

Call 08001 225 6653

If you qualify for legal aid, get free advice from a specialist legal adviser about benefits and tax credits, debt, education, employment or housing. Also find a high quality local legal adviser or solicitor.


Find a high quality local legal adviser or solicitor, link to other online information and see if you qualify for legal aid using our calculator.

phone: 01689 820272

The Law Society of England and Wales
phone: 020 7242 1222

The Department for Constitutional Affairs
For useful leaflets for couples with children, and information about domestic violence
phone: 020 7210 8500

The Courts Service website
For copies of forms and leaflets about injunctions and divorce

Alcoholics Anonymous
phone: 0845 769 7555

Al Anon
phone: 020 7403 0888

Rights of Women
Confidential legal advice line for women, run by women solicitors and barristers.
phone: 020 7251 6577

National Association of Child Contact Centres
phone: 0845 4500 280

Offers relationship counselling, and is experienced in helping couples where domestic abuse is an issue
phone: 0845 456 1310
Local branches are listed in the phone book

The organisation that looks after children’s interests in family court proceedings. Its website has useful leaflets for couples with children.
phone: 020 7510 7000

Child Support Agency (CSA)
phone: 0845 7133 133

Victim Support
support line: 0845 30 30 900

National Family Mediation Helpline
phone: 0845 60 26 627

phone: 0116 2556 234

International Child Abduction and Contact Unit
phone: 020 7911 7127

Freephone 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge
phone: 0808 2000 247

Women’s Aid
phone: 0808 2000 247

phone: 0808 2000 247

Welsh Women’s Aid
phone: 0808 80 10 800 8am to 2pm and 8pm to 2am

The Home Office
You can download a copy of the Home Office leaflet ‘Domestic violence – Financial control, emotional abuse’ at

The Community Legal Service

The Community Legal Service has been set up to help you find the right legal information and advice to solve your problems.

You can get help through a national network of organisations including Citizens Advice Bureaux, Law Centres, many independent advice centres and thousands of high street solicitors. All of these services meet quality standards set by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice. Look for the Community Legal Service logo, shown below:

Community Legal Service Logo

Many of the organisations offer some or all of their services for free. If you cannot afford to pay for advice you may be eligible for financial support through the Community Legal Service Fund (Legal Aid). You can order leaflets about funding from the LSC Leaflet line on 0845 3000 343. You can also use a Legal Aid eligibility calculator on the website:

The Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC)

The Community Legal Service and the Community Legal Service Fund are managed by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice. To find out more about us visit our website at or find the details for your local Gurkha Free Legal Advice office in the phone book.

More about the CLS Quality Mark

Use the Directory

Return to the Gurkha Free Legal Advice Home Page

13. About this leaflet

This leaflet is published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Imogen Clout, a solicitor and mediator specialising in family law.

Leaflet version: August 2008

પાછા ઉપર