Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 – સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને – અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

19 Community care

pdf icon Download Community care (PDF File, 618kb)

1. Introduction

2. Where do I start if I think I need help?

3. What kind of help is there?

4. Can I get help if I look after someone?

5. Who pays if I get care in my home?

6. What if I have to go into hospital?

7. What if I need to move into a care home?

8. What if I need ongoing nursing care?

9. Will I have to sell my home?

10. Can I claim any benefits if I am in residential care?

11. What choice of care home do I have?

12. What if I want to move to a care home that costs more than the council will pay?

13. What if my move into a care home is temporary?

14. What rights do I have when I am in a care home?

All care homes have to meet certain standards before they can be registered with the Commission for Social Care Inspection (in England) or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales. The government and Welsh Assembly lay down national standards setting out what you can expect from a home. These apply to any home, no matter who is paying for your care.

Your home must produce a service user’s guide or brochure with details of its facilities and fees, and a contract that sets out, for example:

  • the room you will live in;
  • the care and services you will get;
  • things not included in your fees; and
  • the notice period you must give if you want to leave.

Homes must tell you when and why they are going to increase fees. They must also tell you whether the fees you would pay are different from those a council would pay.

If you arranged the care yourself, the contract is between you and the home, and you should be given a copy of the contract. If the council or the NHS arranged your care, then the contract is with them, but you still have legal rights and you should be given a statement of the terms and conditions (which may be part of your care plan).

All registered homes must have a complaints procedure and should be able to give you information about how to complain. If you can’t sort out the matter with the home, you can contact the Commission for Social Care Inspection (in England) or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales.

You can also use the council and NHS complaints procedures to complain about the parts of care in the home that they arrange or pay for. For more about the complaints procedures, see below.

15. What if I have difficulty getting the care I need?

16. Further help

17. About this leaflet

This leaflet is published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Sue Bloomfield, a freelance consumer affairs writer.

Leaflet Version: May 2008

પાછા ઉપર