Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 – સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને – અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

15 Equal Opportunities

pdf icon Download Equal Opportunities (PDF File, 206kb)

1. Introduction

2. When discrimination can happen

3. Types of discrimination

4. Sex discrimination

5. Transgender people

6. Discrimination because you are gay, lesbian or bisexual

7. Discrimination because of your religion or beliefs

8. Discrimination because of your age

9. What you can do about discrimination

10. Dealing with discrimination at work

11. Going to an employment tribunal

12. Dealing with other types of discrimination

You should take your claim to the county court if you have been discriminated against because of your sex, and it was about:

  • buying or renting a house or flat;
  • going to school or university; or
  • buying and using goods or services.

The Equal Opportunities Commission can give you help and advice. It can also advise you how to deal with a complaint, including going to a tribunal or to court.

See 'Further help' for contact details.

Going to court

If you want to take a case to court, you must start your case within six months less one day from when the discrimination happened. The court can give you copies of the claim form N1 and more information about procedures.

How to pay for your case

If you are claiming more than £5,000, you need to think carefully about how you will pay for your case, because the costs can be very high. If you cannot afford to pay for court action yourself, there are several ways you may be able to pay for your case:

  • If your claim is for sex discrimination or equal pay, the Equal Opportunities Commission may take on your case, for example as a 'test case'.
  • You may be able to get funding from the Community Legal Service (formerly called Legal Aid), provided you meet certain conditions. See 'The Community Legal Service' for how to find out more about this.
  • You may be able to find a solicitor who will take your case under a 'no-win, no-fee' agreement. See the Gurkha Free Legal Advice leaflet 'No-win, no-fee actions' for more about this.

13. The Human Rights Act

14. Further help

15. About this leaflet

This leaflet was published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Sara Leslie

Leaflet Version: December 2007

પાછા ઉપર