Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 – સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને – અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

14 Medical Accidents

pdf iconDownload Medical Accidents (PDF File, 819kb)

1. Introduction

2. What is a medical accident?

3. What should I do if I have suffered a medical accident?

4. How do I find out more about what happened to me?

5. What if I want to complain about a professional´s behaviour?

6. When can I claim compensation?

7. How do I claim compensation?

8. How do I decide whether to take legal action?

9. What if I can´t afford to pay for a solicitor?

10. What do I have to prove to claim compensation?

11. What can I claim compensation for?

12. What can I do if my treatment was private?

13. What if a relative has died as a result of a medical accident?

14. What if my injury was caused by faulty medical equipment?

15. What if I want to make sure that the same mistake is not repeated?

16. Further help

Gurkha Free Legal Advice
Provides free information direct to the public on a range of common legal problems.

Call 08001 225 6653

If you qualify for legal aid, get free advice from a specialist legal adviser about benefits and tax credits, debt, education, employment or housing. Also find a high quality local legal adviser or solicitor.


Find a high quality local legal adviser or solicitor, link to other online information and see if you qualify for legal aid using our calculator.

Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
A specialist charity providing a free service for advice on medical accident, clinical complaints, making a claim for clinical neglicgence, and finding the right solicitor.
phone: 0845 123 23 52

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (England)
Provides independent advice and help with making a complaint about an NHS service. Details should be available from your local healthcare provider, Patient Advocy and Liaison Service (PALS) office or AvMA.

Patient Advocacy and Liaison Service (PALS)
Contact you local NHS trus or NHS Direct on 0845 46 47.

Community Health Council (Wales)
Provides advice and help with making a complaint about NHS Service in Wales. You can get details of your local CHC from the Board of Community Health Councils.
phone: 0845 644 7814

General Medical Council (GMC)
For complaints about the conduct of individual doctors.
phone: 0845 357 0022

Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
For complaints about the conduct of nurses, midwives and health visitors.
phone: 020 7333 6564 or 7333 6572

General Dental Council (GDC)
For complaints about the conduct of dental professionals.
phone: 020 7887 3800

Dental Complaints Service
A service for resolving complaints about private dental work.
phone: 08456 120 540

Healthcare Commission (England)
phone: 0845 601 3012

Healthcare Inspectorate Wales
phone: 029 2092 8850

National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA)
phone: 0800 015 2536

NHS Direct
For information on medical complaints, local and national self-help and support groups, your rights as a patient and how to make a complaint.
phone: 0845 46 47

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (England)
Contact the Ombudsman if you are not happy with the way your NHS complaint was investigated.
phone: 0845 015 4033

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
Phone: 0845 601 0987

phone: 020 7263 1111

The Community Legal Service
The Community Legal Service has been set up to help you find the right legal information and advice to solve your problems.

You can get help through a national network of organisations including Citizens Advice Bureaux, Law Centres, many independent advice centres and thousands of high street solicitors. All of these services meet quality standards set by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice, look for the Community Legal Service logo:

CLS Logo

Many of the organisations offer some or all of the their services for free. If you cannot afford to pay for advice you may be eligible for financial support through the Community Legal Service Fund (Legal Aid). You can order leaflets about funding from the LSC Leaflet line on 0845 3000 343.

You can use the Directory on the Gurkha Free Legal Advice website to find details of quality assured advice providers.

More about the CLS Quality Mark

Use the Directory

Return to the Gurkha Free Legal Advice Home Page

17. About this leaflet

Logo of AVMA

This leaflet is published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Action Against Medical Accidents.

Leaflet Version: June 2008

પાછા ઉપર