Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 – સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને – અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

9 Welfare benefits

pdf iconDownload Welfare benefits (PDF File, 640kb)

1. Introduction

2. Who can claim benefits?

3. If you have a low income

4. If you are having a baby or adopting a child

5. If you have children to look after
If you have a child, there are several benefits you may be able to claim.

  • You can normally claim Child Benefit for your child or children, regardless of your earnings.
  • If your income is below a certain level, you may also qualify for Child Tax Credit.
  • If you or your partner works 16 hours or more a week and you are on a low income, you may be able to claim Working Tax Credit, which can include an amount towards the cost of childcare.
  • If your child is disabled, you may be able to claim Disability Living Allowance for them, and Carer's Allowance for looking after them.
  • If you look after a child whose parents have both died, or if one has died and the other is missing or in prison, you may be able to claim Guardian's Allowance.

If you have a child born since 1 September 2002, you will usually be sent vouchers to open a Child Trust Fund account, which is a type of savings or investment account for children. You do not have to claim these vouchers - they should automatically be sent to you if you have received Child Benefit. The account belongs to the child, but they cannot get the money until they are 18. The Child Trust Fund website has more information - see 'Further help'.

6. If you are unemployed

7. If you are ill and can´t work

8. If you have a disability

9. If you are just starting work

10. If you have retired or are about to retire

11. If your husband, wife or civil partner dies

12. Where do I claim?

13. What must I do when I claim?

14. What if I disagree with a decision about my claim?

15. What if I´ve been badly treated?

16. The Human Rights Act

17. Further help

18. About this leaflet

This leaflet is published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Rachel Hadwen, a specialist in welfare rights.

Leaflet Version: June 2008

પાછા ઉપર