Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

મારી મુલાકાત છુપાવો

શું મારે અત્યારે કોઇની સાથે વાત કરવાની જરૂર છે?

  • મફત, ગુપ્ત કાનૂની સલાહ મેળવો

    08001 225 6653પર ફોન કરો
  • સોમ-શુક્ર સવારે 9 – સાંજે 8.00
  • શનિ સવારે 9 - બપોરે12:30
  • કૉલનો દર મિનિટના 4 પેન્સ થી લઇને – અથવા અમારી પાસે સામો ફોન કરાવો

તમારા વિસ્તારમાં કોઇ કાનૂની સલાહકાર શોધો

3 Divorce and Separation

pdf icon Download Divorce and Separation (PDF File, 381kb)

1. Introduction

2. Where to start

3. Separation

4. Divorce

5. If you have children

6. Supporting your children

7. Money and property

8. Making arrangements should you die

9. Dealing with emergencies

10. Terms used in divorce and family law

11. Further Help

Gurkha Free Legal Advice
Provides free information direct to the public on a range of common legal problems.

Call 08001 225 6653

If you qualify for legal aid, you can also get free advice from a specialist legal adviser about benefits and tax credits, debt, education, employment and housing. You can also find a local legal adviser or solicitor.

Click to find out more.

The association of specialist family solicitors
phone: 01689 820272

Law Society of England and Wales
phone: 020 7242 1222

The Court Service website
For copies of forms and leaflets relating to divorce

The organisation that looks after children’s interests in family court proceedings. Its website has useful leaflets for couples with children.
phone: 0844 353 3350

National Association of Child Contact Centres
phone: 0845 4500 280

phone: 0300 100 1234
You can find local branches of Relate in the phone book.

Child Support Agency (CSA)
phone: 0845 7133 133

Child Maintenance Options (CMO)
phone: 0800 988 0988

Family Mediation Helpline
phone: 0845 60 26 627

advice line: 0116 2556 234

International Child Abduction and Contact Unit
phone: 020 7911 7127

Freephone 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline
Run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge
phone: 0808 2000 247

Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline
phone: 0808 80 10 800
8am to 2pm and 8pm to 2am

Domestic violence
You can download a copy of the government leaflet ‘Domestic Violence – Financial control, emotional abuse’ from

The Community Legal Service
The Community Legal Service has been set up to help you find the right legal information and advice to solve your problems.

You can get help through a national network of organisations including Citizens Advice Bureaux, Law Centres, many independent advice centres and thousands of high street solicitors. All of these services meet quality standards set by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice, look for the Community Legal Service logo:

Community Legal Service logo

Many of the organisations offer some or all of their services for free. If you cannot afford to pay for advice you may be eligible for financial support through the Community Legal Service Fund (Legal Aid). You can order leaflets about funding from the LSC Leaflet line on 0845 3000 343. You can also use a Legal Aid eligibility calculator on the website:

You can use the directory on the Gurkha Free Legal Advice website to .

The Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC)
The Community Legal Service and the Community Legal Service Fund are managed by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice. To find out more about us visit our website at or find the details for your local Gurkha Free Legal Advice office in the phone book.

12. About this leaflet

This leaflet is published by the Gurkha Free Legal Advice (LSC). It was written in association with Imogen Clout, a solicitor and mediator specialising in family law.

Leaflet version: May 2009

પાછા ઉપર