Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

Hide my visit

Need to speak to somebody now?

  • Get free, confidential legal advice

    Call 08001 225 6653
  • Mon - Fri  9am - 8:00pm
  • Sat  9am - 12:30pm
  • Calls from 4p/min - or get us to call you back
  • CHRISTMAS 2010: We are closed on the 25th, 27th and 28th December and the 1st and 3rd January. On 24th and 31st December we will close at 6:30pm rather than the usual 8pm.

Find a legal adviser in your area

eleafletWhat if I'm unhappy about my care?

You can complain to your local council if you are unhappy about any aspect of the council's care, including your assessment.

What if I'm unhappy about my care?

You can use your council's complaints system to complain if, for example:

  • the council refuses to assess you or leaves you waiting a long time to be assessed
  • you are not happy with how the assessment was done
  • you think you are not getting the services you need
  • you think you are being asked to pay too much for the services you use, or
  • you have problems with the services themselves.

If a primary care trust or health board did your assessment, you should complain to them in the first place, but you could also complain to the council if it provided the services.

back to top

What if I'm unhappy about the standard of care?

If you're unhappy with the quality of care you're getting, you can also complain to the Care Quality Commission in England or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales.

back to top

What you can do now:

back to top