Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

Hide my visit

Need to speak to somebody now?

  • Get free, confidential legal advice

    Call 08001 225 6653
  • Mon - Fri  9am - 8:00pm
  • Sat  9am - 12:30pm
  • Calls from 4p/min - or get us to call you back
  • CHRISTMAS 2010: We are closed on the 25th, 27th and 28th December and the 1st and 3rd January. On 24th and 31st December we will close at 6:30pm rather than the usual 8pm.

Find a legal adviser in your area

eleafletWhat if I have difficulty getting the care I need?

You can complain about your care (or lack of it). You should complain to your local council, if they arranged the care you want to complain about. If you have problems with healthcare, you can complain to the NHS. If your complaint is about both healthcare and community care, you only need to complain to one service and you should get a joint response.

The links below explain what you can complain about, how to do it, and what you can do if you're still unhappy after complaining.

What if I'm unhappy about my care?

You can complain to your local council if you are unhappy about any aspect of the council's care, including your assessment.

How do I complain?

Every council's social services department must have a complaints procedure and must be able to tell you how to make a complaint.

What if I'm unhappy about health care?

You can complain about any area of healthcare provided by the NHS. You can complain directly to the service you are unhappy with, such as the GP practice or hospital. Or you can complain to the local health body that commissioned the service - the primary care trust in England or local health board in Wales.

back to top