Skip navigation (access key S)

Access Keys:

Hide my visit

Need to speak to somebody now?

  • Get free, confidential legal advice

    Call 08001 225 6653
  • Mon - Fri  9am - 8:00pm
  • Sat  9am - 12:30pm
  • Calls from 4p/min - or get us to call you back

Find a legal adviser in your area

eleafletCan I get help if I look after someone?

If you are providing a lot of care for an adult and you are not paid for it, you may be entitled to help and support.

You may be entitled to services that could make caring easier for you. These could include things such as assistance with housework or changes to the home. It could also include respite care for the person you care for, which enables both of you to have a break.

The links below explain how to find out whether you are eligible for help.

How do I get help as a carer?

To get help, you need to have a carer's assessment.

Can I get any financial help?

You may be able to get Carer's Allowance.

back to top